"Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers.", Johnny Moss

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Friends on the Bubble

Haven't posted much since I been focusing on refining my game. Amazing what you can find when you really study your play and hand histories. I been taking a break from tournaments as I go over my recent plays and in the mean time entertaining cash ring games. Limit Hold'em has been a break even adventure but I am doing well on the No-Limit tables. Any case I wanted to post something to show that I am still alive and end with this, some thing to think about.

You and your best friend have made it to the final table of a large payout event. The first paying position is 7th, there are 8 people left. Your friend has about 4,000 chips left with a blinds 2,ooo / 1,000 and 100 ante. Another at the table has just 1,100 chips left will be automatically all in as the big blind the next hand. You are the chip leader, very healthy, and in the big blind.
The table folds down to your friend who is on the button and pushes all in. The small blind folds and it's to you. You look down and see pocket Kings.

Do you call and most likely make your friend the bubble boy? Or do you fold, let him scoop and hope that the next player's forced all in will knock him out of the tournament so that both you, and your friend, can finish in the money.

Which would you decide?

1 Comments:

Blogger Schaubs said...

Call and kick him some cash when you run over the rest of the table.

11:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home