"Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers.", Johnny Moss

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tilting for the Holidays!

It's been a while since I last spoke about a decent win, and that's because... well... it's been a while since I had a decent win. Lately on a variety of poker sites I been completely on tilt. Completely missing my hands or having the best hand on the flop get cracked on the Turn or the River is all too often lately. The weird thing is I only seem to be tilting Online. My live play I am actually on a 5 game winning streak; even my buddy doesn't want to play me heads-up for cash anymore because I busted him out three times. (sorry bud!)

Lately I have a problem with the players on the Internet. It seems I am always against what I call "the ESPN player". That's the guy who watches poker shows on ESPN and thinks that it's the right move to always push all in with crazy cards. In theory this is a great situation, but in reality it seems I have been getting sucked out on more times then what the math percentages should be. In the end I don't blame the software or "bad luck" and I am not going to claim that Internet games are "rigged". I'm just simply stating that I am tilting when it comes to my online play while my live play has never been stronger.

So I look back and try to figure out how I can fix my online tilting problem. It just seems unlogical that I can tear up a live table but then get so messed up when I play online - so what's my problem? I been bubble more more times in the last week then I think I have in my entire career of playing poker. Tonight I created my option, they are to step back and take a break for a while. I am going to spend some time with family during the holiday weekend and then spend some days catching up on reading and analyzing my play. Then, if I must, I will attempt to move into higher levels of play.

It seems there is just too much crazy play on the $20 and under tables, too many amateur players that have no concept on how much to bet and when to let of of cards. You can't make moves on these players and playing fundamentals is just not working to be profitable - it's break-even at best right now. My biggest problem is since I moved off Paradise Poker I been having issues adjusting to the SNG of these other services. The players in Paradise would lay down hands and bet 3-5x the BB pre-flop at the $20 limits. Now I step into the $20 limits on Full Tilt or Stars and I see 15xBB bets and moving all in one flush and straight draws. So I am hoping I can find better players at higher limits so I can have a reasonable game online again. I just can't stand the amateur plays anymore!

So until next time (which may be a few days) take care and good luck out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home