"Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers.", Johnny Moss

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Good Night

I just finished a 90 Player Freeze-out on Full Tilt in which I placed 8th. I was low-stack and trying to make some moves to get some chips. I got caught with my paints down - my overcards against another's pocket pair. He tripped up on the flop and I was eliminated. I want to spend some time and talk about this tournament; however, it's too late to get into it tonight and it will have to wait for tomorrow.

Overall the day went good. It started with my win during lunch (previous blog) and ended with tonight's 8th place. I made back all the money I lost during yesterday's expensive night of gaming. It just goes to prove that some times you need to step away for awhile before you win again. Patience and discipline is what ultimately wins at poker, whether your in a hand or looking for a game - you need to play when it's best for you to play. As I said previously, tonight was a good night and I am beat. I will talk about the freeze-out tomorrow.

Good luck out there,
y.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home