"Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers.", Johnny Moss

Monday, August 06, 2007

Third Time Champion, SJPC


Tonight was a good night. Not because it's the first night I am finishing in the positive in which seems to be one of my longest loosing streaks in my poker career, but the fact that those wins come from two interesting tournaments.

The first victory is another take-down in the WPEX MTT Gaurantee. The second victory I am really excited about is the third win in the SJPC Donkey Time! Tournament. The field was the smallest it's ever been (since the first tournament), and the competition was strong. But it's not the strong-small field, or the prize of winning the tournament (the WPEX paided a lot better), it's the fact that I am the first one to ever win it three times, making me the King of Donkey's again!

I am really satisfied with the strong heads-up game I played in the SJPC Tournament. It lasted for 114 hands and I had multiple times to go bust (i.e., opponent shoving all in when I have open-ended draw, or middle pair-top kicker.) The heads-up game is definately one I'd like to review in the future. I believe there are a few interesting decisions and plays that could be a lot of fun to discuss. As always I am very curious on what some of you might have done in my situation. Unfortunately until I can gather all the information and put it together for a blog, I must call it a night and book my win for the day.

To read a summary of my third win, go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home