"Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers.", Johnny Moss

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Second in SJPC, Lucko at WSOP

Last Monday was an interesting game hosted by SJPC on Full Tilt. For most of the game I ran as the low stack due to losing a large pot early by failing to complete my open-ended straight & flush draw. Thankfully I played proper bubble strategy and was able to accumulate chips. I ended up going heads up as a massive underdog and double through to tie it up.

The final hand got tricky. My image was super aggressive so I chose not to differ; I raised 3x BB with AJ os. My opponent immediately shoved all in. I was in a semi tough decision because I new I been super aggressive and raising a lot of pots. On a side note I kind of wanted him to shove, on tilt, when I originally raised with the AJ - he just took a huge loss the hand before and he has been having to fold often to my reraises. Trying to make a decision, I ran out the "Time" option on Full Tilt to the last second before I clicked CALL. My opponent shows 99 and is in the lead by about 10%. The flop brought him a ton of draws, the turn brought me my jack, and the river gave him his trips. I finished second defending my title.

I know I wanted to win the tournament back to back, but I am really happy with my finish. I was a in some serious hurt when I was the short stack and was fortunate enough to not get eliminated - even more fortunate ending up having a fair shot at finishing first! I'm anticipating another good finish next week - I'm going for consistency in this game.

In other news I would like to bring some attention to fellow blogger Kevin "Lucko21" O'Brian. Kevin has had a fairly decent run so far at the WSOP. He was able to build up a really nice stack but had an unfortunate hand that ended his Day 1 down 100k. He has 49k starting Day 2 and updates are being posted frequently on his blog. Be sure to check it out and wish him some luck.

Go Lucko!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home