"Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers.", Johnny Moss

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Plans for July



A quick update before heading to work: Not much happen for me in June. I had a huge hot streak followed by a massive cold run. At least I was able to manage my losses and still end up in the positive between the two. I have some plans for July to restructure my game. My focus this month is going to be micro-limit SNGs and small cash games. Yes, I am going to introduce cash games to my poker career. I never been much of a cash game player but to consistently bring in the money I believe this is something every player must do. I will start out at small stakes and attempt to work myself up. My ultimate goal is this time next year be at the WSOP and not sitting at work dreaming about it. The idea is to allow the poker earnings to pay for the trip and the games. I have a few "strategies" in mind and I will discuss about which ones worked at a later date.

I really feel good about July and things started out nicely. My first game of the month, SJPC Donkey Time! Tournament on Full Tilt, ended with a first place finish - making me the King of Donkeys for a week. I am looking forward to next Monday to defend my title. So far no one has won this game back-to-back, but I have a good feeling about it - we will see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home