"Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers.", Johnny Moss

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Back In Action!

As some of my closes friends know I went on a major tilt in online poker. I managed to loose a good percentage of my bankroll in a matter of a month, enough to force me to play lower limits and ultimately take a break that lasted almost 3 weeks. In those 3 weeks I caught up on some much needed reading and self-analyzing that really put me on a whole different level. After looking at my play, I realize I was given credit to the game being too much of a challenge for no apparent reason. Oddly enough, I did not have this problem when it came to live games. My live games were solid and I won almost every game I played in. However, I was on such a tilt online it almost didn't matter how much I was making in person.

Today marks my first day back to the online SNG world. My very first game I was out in 7th by making a very, very stupid play. I took a breather and relax and been finishing first ever since. In one day I have made back half the money I lost over the month and I hope to continue my rush until I make it all back and then some. I feel like "I'm back" after all this time. Finally I am controlling tables again, making moves that make sense, folding good hands when I know I am beat, and calling people's bluffs correctly. All these qualities I always had pre-tilt and seem to now refound them. I am very happy with my play today and I will be going over my hand histories over the next couple days, sharing some wicked calls and discussing some of the plays with you all.

Well it's late, passed 1AM here, so I will wrap this post up. Just know that "Yabi's Back" and I am on a roll. I just hope it wasn't a one day thing =)

On a side note, great play by my friend Sana tonight. In my last game for the night my friend Sana decided to join me. We ended up going heads up after a rather lengthy three way action. Coming into the three way action I was the underdog, but I managed to double up through the big stack and I just kept growing my chip stack until I was chip leader. Sana ultimately busted out the third guy and we were left heads up. I think this is the first time I was actually heads up with a real life friend in an online tournament. It was a very interesting battle that I ultimately pulled off a win. It was a lot of fun and Sana and I were reported for "playing together as a team". Which was completely false. Sana and I have busted out each other many times in these online tournaments, enough to definitely show we do not play as a team. I want his money just as bad as anyone else's on the table... and same goes for him I'm sure.

Needless to say the three way action with me being the underdog has really left me with a lot to discuss. I will definitely be covering that bit in the future, showing how I went from the complete underdog to chip leader on the bubble with both stacks being aggressive to knock me out. It should be a very informative read... and I am sure Sana will be doing some close analyzing as well =)

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home